Fan Site Exclusive Interview with Kaylee 8-4-2011

 Kaylee Williams is a busy girl! Between stunt training, acting in various films, modeling on the side (though she says she is not a model), and having a life, it's hard to see where she fits in sleep! I first met Kaylee at Barbizon Royal (Chicago), preparing for the 2003 New York IMTA competition. She was bright and charismatic, and always smiling. I'd like to thank Kaylee for taking the time to allow me to interview her.

What have you been working on lately?
Well, I worked on “Mediatrix” in Wisconsin back in May, which was a blast. I’'d work with anyone on that set again in a heartbeat. And since then, I'’ve been getting ready for a very busy late summer/fall. Coming up next, I will be flying to West Virginia to shoot my scenes for “Porkchops,” then I’'ve got some really fun cameos in “Poetic,” and Harvest.” I will also be working on a super fun short Sci-Fi film called “Citizen In The Temple.” Then in the fall, I’'ve got a great role in a huge project called “DISCIPLES” and I will also be starring in a film called “Cannibals” next spring. Also in development is a very controversial film called “God’s Right Hand,” which hopefully will be shot in November. I’'ve also got several other projects in the works that are being discussed, but I can’t talk about them quite yet. I'’ll let you know as soon as I can announce them!

What are your goals for the future (personal and professional)?
Well back in 2009, I did an interview where they asked me what my goals were for 2010 and I said I wanted to be able to travel and do films all over the country. At that point, all the films I had done were all local or within driving distance. So my goal was to work hard enough and network with people from all over the country so that I could get the opportunity to travel for my work. In 2010, I made it to 12 different states during the course of the year. It was an amazing thing to be able to look back and go, "“Wow. I did it." I achieved my goal!” I was very humbled by all the opportunities that were presented to me and it proved to me that if I work hard enough towards a specific goal, I CAN achieve it.

As for what my goals are now…. Well, I don’t really want to say. I WILL say that I would love to get involved in theater. I miss being on stage. I have other plans and hopes as well, but I really don’t want to jinx it. You will just have to wait and see what I do next. ☺

When you're not working or doing stunt training, what are you doing?
Hmmm. I actually don’t have much of a life outside of work, lol. Who needs a social life? :p Eventually, I’'ll figure out a way to get some balance in my life but for now…..I do something career-related every single day (I usually spend hours a day replying to emails, shooting audition tapes, working on interviews, reading scripts, etc.), because I’m very passionate about what I do and I know that I wouldn’'t be doing all the films that I do if I didn’'t work my butt off every day. I know that to be successful, I’'ve got to put in the time and the effort. And I definitely do. When I do find myself with free time, I do STEP classes and kickboxing so I can try to stay in shape.

What has been your biggest challenge as an actress?
I'’d have to say that one of the biggest challenges for any actress is trying to find a way to stand out amongst all the competition. Trying to find a way to separate myself from all the other actresses and give people a reason to want to watch my movies and support my work. The last thing you want to do when you’re an actress is blend in with everyone else. You need to stand out to succeed. So that’'s probably been the most challenging thing so far… to separate myself from everyone else and create a name for myself.

I know you're a big fan of Joss Whedon. Who is your favorite character that he wrote, and why?
Well being the uber fan that I am, it’'s impossible to choose a favorite character. Or even a favorite series. I love the majority of characters he'’s created and the stories he’'s created. He'’s a creative genius and working with him is one of my goals. It’'s on my list of things to do before I die. If I had to choose, I’'d have to say that “Buffy” and “Firefly” are my top favorite shows of his. “Firefly” should NOT have been cancelled!!! What a brilliant show that was. Such a shame that it didn’t last.

If you could choose one big actor/actress to work with, who would it be? What kind of film would you like to do with that person?
Stephen Dorff! Romantic Comedy ;-) I may or may not have a crush on him…. Ahaha. Hmm. I’'m gonna break the rules and give more than one person. Jackie Chan - Action. Johnny Depp - Action/Adventure. Nathan Fillion -– Sci-Fi (preferably with Joss Whedon as the director). Alan Rickman -– Fantasy or Drama. I think I’'ve covered all the genres, haha. I know I cheated by giving numerous answers but it’'s always good to have options!

What's one thing you always keep with you?
A bottle of water. Hydration is important!

I know that you collect socks. How big is your collection now? Do you have a favorite pair? Why do you think you're so fascinated with socks?
Haha, I love that you remember this about me. I'’ve been collecting socks for the longest time. I’'ve got 4 drawers filled with all different kinds of wacky, fun socks. I NEVER wear plain socks unless I’'m on a shoot. I’'m not sure why I have such an obsession with them. I guess it’'s just a weird quirk of mine :p

Is there anything aside from socks that you collect?
I collect statues of the Egyptian cat Goddess Bastet.

Profile

Favorite actor/actress: Stephen Dorff, Josh Hartnett. Both very underrated actors but both extremely talented.

Favorite song: “Iris” by the Goo Goo Dolls.

Favorite movie: I'’ll give you a couple of my top picks – “Serenity,” “Lucky Number Slevin,” “Spaceballs.”

Favorite book: I don’t really have a favorite book but my favorite author is James Patterson.

Favorite colors: Red and black

Favorite food: Cupcakes!

Favorite animals: Guinea pigs, squirrels, and penguins

Hobbies: I guess you could call modeling a hobby. I do it for fun, when I’'ve got the time.

Weird habit/s: Collecting socks, LOL. Also, when I’'m at home I NEVER sleep under the covers. I put a fleece blanket on top of my comforter and I sleep on top of that with another fleece blanket on top of me to keep me warm. I'’ve been doing this for years. I have no idea why I prefer to sleep on top of the comforter instead of under it. The only time I’'ll sleep like a normal person is when I’'m at hotels when I’'m travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment